Enzyme Peels vs. Chemical Peels: Which one is right for your skincare regimen?
Chemical peels can provide a variety of results, depending on the strength of the treatment. Chemical compounds including salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and lactic acid are often used. Chemical peel procedures burn the entire outer layer and epidermis of your skin and stronger acids can remove the skin's middle layer known as the dermis (live skin tissue) These peels range on the spectrum from superficial to medium to deep as far as how much they penetrate the skin’s layers. Chemical peels exfoliate dead skin cells and can also remove living cells. While effective, chemical peels are associated with heightened sun sensitivity and may not be appropriate for all skin types. In addition, medium and deep chemical peels may require weeks of down time due to pain, redness, and even scabbing – and as such, it can take weeks to see benefits to the skin. Chemical peels are generally administered by physicians or estheticians on a periodic basis. Stronger chemical peels to the dermal layers should only be given by MD who specializes in skin procedures or Dermatologist. Advance Acid peels are customized by ChanChi to address your skin concerns.
- Salicylic Acid Peel for Acne or Oily skin
- Lactic Acid peel for Dry/Mature skin
- Glycolic Acid Peel for all skin types
- TCA Trichloricoacetic Acid Peel for all skin types, great for pigmentation discoloration
- Jessner Peel for most skin types
Enzyme peels offer a more gentle solution that can be incorporated into a regular skincare regimen. Enzymes are complex proteins that cause a chemical change. These treatments can speed up natural chemical reactions in the skin that renew skin cells by dissolving and exfoliating dead cells and impurities from the epidermis. Enzymes are also reported to diminish scars, age spots, fine lines, and discoloration, and may also penetrate the skin to cleanse pores and improve skin tone and texture. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, you have 19,000,000 skin cells per square inch covering 20 square feet of skin across your body. Enzyme peels revitalizes your skin to return a youthful glow by improving texture and appearance. The most amazing thing about enzyme peels is that they do not damage or remove live tissue! They exfoliate ONLY dead cells, which is a big reason why enzyme peels are great for nearly all skin types. Because there is no injury to live skin, there’s no down time – so no hiding out in the dark at home for days on end!
- Pumpkin Peel 15% and 25% for All skin Types
- Coconut/Papaya Peel for Sensitive skin, Rosacea prone, Pregnancy or Cancer patients
- Pomegrante Peel for normal skin, great treatment for maintenance to prevent hyper pigmentation
- Passion Fruit Peel for Mature skin builds collagen and improves and softens the skin texture reducing ashiness.
- Oxygen for all skin types. Refreshes, oxygenates, great pick me up facial to improve skin tone and texture reducing inflammation and is antibacterial for acne prone skin.
- Combination Custom Fruit Enzyme peels utilizing Fruit and chemicals in one effective peel
- All Natural Enzyme peels are pharmaceutical grade and of the highest percentage of fruit acids attainable.